Saturday, January 29, 2011

10 poses, 1 man


Craft -
I had Harper stand at the end of the kitchen counter with the dolls arranged next to him. I turned off the flash to prevent the image from losing any necessary shadows on the subject. I turned up the exposure to +1 to make the walls appear whiter which made the dolls and Harper stand out more in the image. I pushed the button half-way to focus on Harper then I shifted the camera while continuing to hold the button to include the dolls in the photo, followed by my pressing the button, taking the image.

Composition -
The dolls were arranged from smallest to largest, making the viewer's eye travel from left to right. I also had Harper mimic the mouth of the dolls to include repeating images in the photo.

Concept -
Harper wants to be a part of the Domo group so to fit in, he adopted the signature Domo look while standing next to the other Domo dolls. Expression is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment