Sunday, February 13, 2011
multiplying Harper
Craft-
Once when I renamed the layer, I isolated the person in a previous image using the quick selection tool. I made sure to touch up on edges that were either left out or needed to be a part of the isolated person. After isolating him, I inverted the selection which selected the background instead, making it easier for me to delete the background, leaving the checkered marks on the background. Then, I continued to duplicate the person by dragging the layer to the new layer button, creating a copy. Afterward, I made sure to move the copied image off of the previous layer, spreading out the numerous amounts of Harper's to the point of completely filling out the background. Next, I selected one of the copies made, enlarged the image, created a duplicate layer (but made sure to leave the layer on top of the original image this time), went to the layers section on the toolbar, clicked on motion blur, adjusted the speed to about 400+, and dragged the blurred image behind the person, making it appear as though the person was moving fast. I also clicked on the original enlarged image, went to layers, and selected paper edges to create contrasting black and white shades on the person, enhancing the motion.
Composition-
There is a large amount of repetition in the image due to duplication. Since there is one part of the image that is larger than the rest of the image, it is easy for one's eye to travel to the large one first before wandering to the rest of the image.
Concept-
Like a racehorse, Harper had to pee badly, increasing his speed at incredible rates. He was able to move so fast, he created duplicates of himself in the background.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment