Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Radios

Craft-
Although flash would have been nice to get rid of the yellow light in the image, I wanted to avoid any glare that may reflect back at me if I used flash. I took the shot without manipulating the background. I made sure to be level with the radio as well.

Composition-
The plant's stem is a nice way to lead to the radio's center dial and then to the rest of the radio. The cage at the bottom also subtly leads one's eye towards the radio since the bars slightly point towards the radio.

Concept-
The radio, having the existence of a piece of machinery, wanted to get in touch with nature. Although the radio was unable to reach the outside world, the radio received security in a plant that was kind enough to outstretch its' leaves towards the radio in order to comfort the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment