Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Make it pop
Craft -
For this image, I opened a previous image used during the second week and altered the image using photoshop. For the background image, I went to the toolbar and clicked on image, adjustments, and black & white. After I renamed the background image, I added another layer and then placed it under the background image. I clicked on the box and selected a dark red color, and then I colored layer 1 with the selected color using the bucket icon. Then, I went to the background image, clicked on the side toolbar labeled "layers," and then selected "multiply."
A second layer was added, placing it below the background image layer. Switching the color in the box, I selected a bright yellow color for use in layer 2. I used the quick selection tool to isolate the hat from the rest of the background. Then, I used the paint bucket to fill in the selected area. After quickly saving it and reopening it, I cleaned up the areas that were missed by the selection tool by zooming in on the hat brim, and then I used the eraser tool for removing the yellow color that did not belong to the image. Likewise, I used the paint brush tool to add extra color on the edges I missed. For the eraser tool and paint brush tool, I used a hardness level of 100% and round brush shape, adjusting the size of the brush when needed.
Composition-
Due to the nature of the image, one's eye travels straight to the hat since it stands out. Then, one's eye travels down to see the face covered, the rest of the body, and the props set up in the image.
Concept-
Harper wanted to portray himself as a lover of Chinese cuisine which can be best achieved through presentation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment